(Redirected from Chinese ginseng)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Panax ginseng is a slow-growing perennial medicinal plant native to Asian. It is a member of the Araliaceae family and has served as one of the most well-known herbs worldwide for human health improvement. Triterpene saponins, named ginsenosides, are the main bioactive components in P. ginseng. It accounts for >4% of ginseng root dry weight. Ginseng growth has a strong correlation with the temperature. Cultivation of ginseng is difficult due to long growth period (4–6 years), diseases, and special growth condition requirements, which makes P. ginseng mainly distributed in the northeast region of China.
- Common Name: Ginseng
- NCBI Taxonomy
Different Tissues & Abiotic Stress
Internal Control Genes
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number||Primers (5'-3')
|Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|EF1-γ||Elongation factor 1-gamma||
|IF3G1||Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3G1||
|EF1-β||elongation factor 1-beta||
|GAPDH||Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase||
- geNorm method && Related Reference
- NormFinder method && Related Reference
- BestKeeper method && Related Reference
- Ref-Finder method && Related Reference
- ΔCt approach method && Related Reference
- Name: Shanfa Lu
- Email: email@example.com
- Institution: Medicinal Plant Cultivation Research Center, Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Beijing, China
Cited by 6 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-09-01])
- Wang M, Lu S (2015) Wang M, Lu S. Validation of Suitable Reference Genes for Quantitative Gene Expression Analysis in Panax ginseng. Front Plant Sci. 2016 Jan 12;6:1259. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2015.01259. eCollection 2015. PubMed PMID: 26793228; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4709418.
- Yeo CR, Yong JJ, Popovich DG. Isolation and characterization of bioactive polyacetylenes Panax ginseng Meyer roots. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2017 May 30;139:148-155. doi: 10.1016/j.jpba.2017.02.054. Epub 2017 Mar 1. PubMed PMID: 28282601.