- Danio rerio represents an ideal genetic system for the study of both developmental biology and disease that are not provided by other model systems. It has been the model of choice amongst developmental biologists for many years. The many attractions of this small freshwater species include the following: it is easy to maintain at high densities in the laboratory, large numbers of embryos can be produced year round, fish grow to sexual maturity within four months and the optically transparent embryos develop externally  .
- Common Name: Zebrafish
- NCBI Taxonomy
Different Developmental Stages & Tissues & Abiotic Stress
Internal Control Genes
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number|| Primers (5'-3')
|Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|sep15||Selenoprotein F precursor 15||
|ube2a||Danio rerio ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2A (ube2a)||
|rpl13a||60S ribosomal protein L13a||
- geNorm method && Related Reference
- NormFinder method && Related Reference
- ΔCt approach method && Related Reference
- Name: H. Xu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institution: Pearl River Fisheries Research Institute, Chinese Academic of Fishery Sciences, Guangzhou 510380, China and †Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Singapore
Cited by 6 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-09-01])
- Xu H, Li C, Zeng Q, et al. (2016) Genome-wide identification of suitable zebrafish Danio rerio reference genes for normalization of gene expression data by RT-qPCR. J Fish Biol 88, 2095-2110.
- Dodd A, Curtis PM, Williams LC, Love DA (2000) Zebrafish: bridging the gap between development and disease. Human Molecular Genetics 9, 2443-2449.