- Nilaparvata lugens is a major pest to rice production in many areas of Asia. It shows two wing forms, long (macropterous) and short (brachypterous) ones, in its adult stage. The macropterous adults possess the ability to migrate across long distances, while the brachypterous adults exemplify strong reproductive capacities. It ingests nutrients of rice and causes diseases in rice by being vector of viruses. In recent years, N. lugens outbreaks have occurred more frequently in the South of China. Because of its long-distance migration, quick adaptation to resistant rice varieties and development of high resistance to pesticides, N. lugens infestations are difficult to control.
- Common Name: Brown Planthopper
- NCBI Taxonomy
Different Experimental Conditions
Internal Control Genes
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number|| Primers (5'-3')
|Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|RPS15||Ribosomal protein S15||
|RPS11||Ribosomal protein S11||
- geNorm method && Related Reference
- NormFinder method && Related Reference
- BestKeeper method && Related Reference
- Ref-Finder method && Related Reference
- ΔCt approach method && Related Reference
- Name: Jianhong Li
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institution: Laboratory of Pesticide, College of Plant Science & Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China
Cited by 56 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-09-01])
- Yuan M, Lu YH, Zhu X, et al. (2014) Selection and Evaluation of Potential Reference Genes for Gene Expression Analysis in the Brown Planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens (Hemiptera: Delphacidae) Using Reverse-Transcription Quantitative PCR. PLoS One 9.
- Dong XL, Zhai YF, Zhang JQ, et al. (2011) Fork head transcription factor is required for ovarian mature in the brown planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens (Stal). Bmc Molecular Biology 12.