- Posidonia oceanica is an endemic Mediterranean seagrass, widely distributed along the Mediterranean coasts where it forms large monospecific beds across a wide bathymetric gradient. It has a monoecious mating system and is capable of long-range dispersal by floating fruits. Althouth extremely sensitive to both moderate and high levels of disturbances, P. oceanica meadows can provide key ecological services in the coastal area, including maintenance of marine biodiversity, organic carbon production and export, sediment stabilization and coastal erosion prevention.
- Common Name: Neptune grass
- NCBI Taxonomy
Internal Control Genes
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number|| Primers (5'-3')
|Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|18S||Ribosomal RNA 18S||
|EF1A||Elongation factor 1-alpha||
- geNorm method && Related Reference
- NormFinder method && Related Reference
- BestKeeper method && Related Reference
- Name: Ilia Anna Serra
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institution: Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn,Villa Comunale, 80121 Naples, Italy
Cited by 23 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-09-01])
- Serra I A, Lauritano C, Dattolo E, et al. Reference genes assessment for the seagrass Posidonia oceanica in different salinity, pH and light conditions[J]. Marine biology, 2012, 159(6): 1269-1282.
- Andersen CL, Jensen JL, Orntoft TF (2004) Normalization of realtime quantitative reverse transcription-PCR data: a model-based variance estimation approach to identify genes suited for normalization, applied to bladder and colon cancer data sets. Cancer Res 64:5245–5250.