Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The genus Brassica belongs to the Brassicaceae family. Many Brassica species are important vegetable crops, among which the cole crop, Brassica oleracea. This species has a great diversity of morphotypes (broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, brussels sprouts) and among them, one of the most important taxonomic variety is viridis (forage kale). Brassica oleracea is the most diverse species within the Brassica genus, being important for human nutrition, with multiple cultivars that can be classified by the morphology of their edible structures.
- B. oleracea is a close relative of the model plant A. thaliana. Both share a common ancestor from which they have diverged 15–20 million years ago. Parts of their corresponding genomes are equivalently organized despite numerous chromosomal rearrangements during respective evolution of the two genera.  .
- Common Name: Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale
- NCBI Taxonomy
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number||Primers (5'-3')
|Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|Rpl18||Ribosomal protein L18||
|EF1α||Elongation factor 1-alpha||
- geNorm method && Related Reference
- NormFinder method && Related Reference
- BestKeeper method && Related Reference
- Name: Sylvain Dumez
- Email: email@example.com
- Institution: Laboratoire des Sciences Végétales et Fongiques, Faculté des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Université Lille Nord de France, EA 4483, Lille 2, B.P. 83, 59006 Lille Cedex, France
Cited by 10 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-06-01])
- Brulle F, Bernard F, Vandenbulcke F, Cuny D, Dumez S (2014) Identification of suitable qPCR reference genes in leaves of Brassica oleracea under abiotic stresses. Ecotoxicology 23, 459-471.
- Tortosa M, Velasco P, Afonso D, et al. (2017) Characterization of a Spanish Brassica oleracea collection by using molecular and biochemical markers. Scientia Horticulturae 219, 344-350.