Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The water buffalo or domestic asian water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) is an important dairy animal in Asian countries. It is a large bovid originating in South Asia, Southeast Asia, and China. Today, it is also found in Europe, Australia, South America and some African countries.It contributes significantly to the agricultural economy and food security of countries on the Indian subcontinent and in Southeast Asia. It contributes through milk, meat, hides, and draught power. Buffalo milk is considered to be economical for the production of casein, caseinates, whey protein concentrate, and fat-rich dairy products.   .
- NCBI Taxonomy
- Common Name: Domestic asian water buffalo , Water buffalo
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number||Primers (5'-3')
|Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|GLUT5||Solute carrier family 2 (facilitated glucose/fructose transporter), member 5||
|ATP2B4||ATPase, Ca2+ transporting,plasma membrane 4||
- geNorm method && Related Reference
- NormFinder method && Related Reference
- BestKeeper method && Related Reference
- Ref-Finder method && Related Reference
- ΔCt approach method && Related Reference
- Name: S.K. Bhure
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institution: Division of Biochemistry, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, 243122, Bareilly, U.P., India
Cited by 0 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-06-01])
- Ashish S, Bhure SK, Harikrishna P, Ramteke SS, Muhammed Kutty VH, Shruthi N, Ravi Kumar GV, Manish M, Ghosh SK, Mihir S. Identification and evaluation of reference genes for accurate gene expression normalization of fresh and frozen-thawed spermatozoa of water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis). Theriogenology. 2017 Apr 1;92:6-13. doi: 10.1016/j.theriogenology.2017.01.006. Epub 2017 Jan 8. PubMed PMID: 28237344.
- Vijh RK, Tantia MS, Mishra B, Bharani Kumar ST. Genetic relationship and diversity analysis of Indian water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis). J Anim Sci. 2008 Jul;86(7):1495-502. doi: 10.2527/jas.2007-0321. Epub 2008 Mar 14. PubMed PMID: 18344309.