ICG is a wiki-based knowledgebase of internal control genes (or reference genes) for RT-qPCR normalization in a variety of species across three domains of life. Based on community curation, ICG harnesses collective intelligence to integrate a comprehensive collection of internal control genes curated from a large volume of literatures and provides appropriate internal control genes corresponding to specific experimental conditions for both model and non-model organisms.
- Nothing great is ever accomplished in isolation. — Yo-Yo Ma
- Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet has free access to the sum of all human knowledge. — Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia
- Contribute your efforts, further our knowledge. — Zhang Zhang, Founder of ScienceWikis
Purpose & Aims
The purpose of ICG is as follows.
- Establish a community-based system to curate RT-qPCR internal control genes across different tissues and different experimental conditions for both model and non-model organisms.
- Provide up-to-date, comprehensive, and professional informations about internal control genes for molecular biologists to carry out their RT-qPCR experiments.
- Build related wiki extensions to ease content accessibility, adding and editing.
We thank a number of users for sharing their valuable knowledge, making edits, sending suggestions and reporting bugs.
ICG is supported by grants from:
- Strategic Priority Research Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences [XDB13040500 and XDA08020102 to Z.Z.; XDA08020102 to S.H.];
- National Programs for High Technology Research and Development [2015AA020108 and 2012AA020409 to Z.Z.];
- International Partnership Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences [153F11KYSB20160008];
- The 100-Talent Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences [to Y.B and Z.Z.];
- National Natural Science Foundation of China [31100915 to L.H.].
Sang J, Wang ZN, Li M, Cao JB, Niu GY, Xia L, Zou D, Wang F, Xu XJ, Han XJ, Fan JQ, Yang Y, Zuo WZ, Zhang Y, Zhao WM, Bao YM, Xiao JF, Hu SN, Hao LL, Zhang Z. ICG: a wiki-driven knowledgebase of internal control genes for RT-qPCR normalization. Nucleic Acids Research, 2017 gkx875, doi: 10.1093/nar/gkx875