ICG is a wiki-based knowledgebase of internal control genes (or reference genes) for RT-qPCR normalization in a variety of species. Based on community curation, ICG harnesses collective intelligence to integrate a comprehensive collection of internal control genes curated from a large volume of literatures and provides appropriate internal control genes corresponding to specific experimental conditions for both model and non-model organisms.
- Nothing great is ever accomplished in isolation. — Yo-Yo Ma
- Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet has free access to the sum of all human knowledge. — Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia
- Contribute your efforts, further our knowledge. — Zhang Zhang, Founder of ScienceWikis
Purpose & Aims
The purpose of RiceWiki is as follows.
- Establish a community-based system for rice gene annotation.
- Provide up-to-date, comprehensive, and professional annotations for rice.
- Build related wiki extensions to ease content accessibility, adding and editing.
- Measure users' contributions and give explicit authorship.
The majority of the rice information was initially seeded with a subset of information from NCBI RefSeq and Ensembl.
We thank a number of users for sharing their valuable knowledge, making edits, sending suggestions and reporting bugs.
ICG is supported by grants from:
- Strategic Priority Research Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences [XDB13040500 and XDA08020102 to Z.Z.; XDA08020102 to S.H.];
- National Programs for High Technology Research and Development [2015AA020108 and 2012AA020409 to Z.Z.];
- International Partnership Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences [153F11KYSB20160008];
- The 100-Talent Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences [to Y.B and Z.Z.];
- National Natural Science Foundation of China [31100915 to L.H.].