ICG is a freely accessible database of Internal Control Genes for normalization of gene expression data by RT-qPCR. Based on community curation, ICG is aimed at harnessing collective intelligence to collect, edit and annotate comprehensive information about appropriate Internal Control Genes selected from various experimental conditions for hundreds of species.
- Nothing great is ever accomplished in isolation. — Yo-Yo Ma
- Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet has free access to the sum of all human knowledge. — Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia
- Contribute your efforts, further our knowledge. — Zhang Zhang, Founder of ScienceWikis
Purpose & Aims
The purpose of ICG is as follows.
- Establish a community-based system for RT-qPCR internal control genes curation.
- Provide up-to-date, comprehensive, and professional informations about for rice.
- Build related wiki extensions to ease content accessibility, adding and editing.
- Measure users' contributions and give explicit authorship.
We thank a number of users for sharing their valuable knowledge, making edits, sending suggestions and reporting bugs.
ICG is supported by grants from:
- Strategic Priority Research Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences [XDB13040500 and XDA08020102 to Z.Z.; XDA08020102 to S.H.];
- National Programs for High Technology Research and Development [2015AA020108 and 2012AA020409 to Z.Z.];
- International Partnership Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences [153F11KYSB20160008];
- The 100-Talent Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences [to Y.B and Z.Z.];
- National Natural Science Foundation of China [31100915 to L.H.].