Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) is a perennial warm-season grass native to North America and a productive C4 species. Used initially as a forage crop, switchgrass is currently being pursued as a dedicated cellulosic biofuel feedstock in the Midwestern and Southeastern United Sates.
- Switchgrass has been shown to produce 540% more renewable energy than energy consumed in its production and has significant environmental benefits related to soil conservation and low greenhouse gas emission. Its perennial nature allows efficient nutrient cycling to below ground organs for the subsequent seasons’ growth, a characteristic that allows substantial annual harvests with low nutrient and water requirements .
Different Tissues & Atress Conditions
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number||Primer||Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|eEF-1a||elongation factor 1a||
|eIF-4a||Eukaryotic initiation factor 4a||
|U2AF||Splicing factor U2af||
- Name: Eduardo Blumwald
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institution: Department of Plant Pathology, University of California Davis, Davis, California, United States of America
Cited by 41 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-06-16])
- Gimeno J, Eattock N, Van Deynze A, et al. Selection and validation of reference genes for gene expression analysis in switchgrass (Panicum virgatum) using quantitative real-time RT-PCR[J]. PloS one, 2014, 9(3): e91474.
- Gimeno J, Eattock N, Van Deynze A, Blumwald E. Selection and validation of reference genes for gene expression analysis in switchgrass (Panicum virgatum) using quantitative real-time RT-PCR. PLoS One. 2014 Mar 12;9(3):e91474. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0091474. eCollection 2014. PubMed PMID: 24621568; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3951385.