Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tribolium castaneum is a species of beetle in the family Tenebrionidae. It is a worldwide pest of stored products, particularly food grains. It has become an important insect model organism and pest beetle species for ethological and food safety research as well as for studies of developmental genetics, evolutionary developmental biology and insect immunity. Its genome has been fully sequenced.
- Common Name: Red flour beetle
- NCBI Taxonomy
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number||Primers (5'-3')
|Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|RPS18||Ribosomal protein S18||
|RPS3||Ribosomal protein S3||
- Name: Brenda Oppert
- Email: email@example.com
- Institution: USDA-ARS, Grain Marketing and Production Research Center, 1515 College Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66502, USA
Cited by 71 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-06-16])
- Lord J C, Hartzer K, Toutges M, et al. Evaluation of quantitative PCR reference genes for gene expression studies in Tribolium castaneum after fungal challenge[J]. Journal of microbiological methods, 2010, 80(2): 219-221.
- Strobl F, Klees S, Stelzer EHK.J Vis Exp. 2017 Apr 28;(122). doi: 10.3791/55629.PMID: 28518097.