Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wheat (Triticum aestivum) is the dominant crop in temperate countries being used for human food and livestock feed. Wheat is counted among the ‘big three’ cereal crops, with over 600 million tonnes being harvested annually.
- Wheat is unrivalled in its range of cultivation, from 67º N in Scandinavia and Russia to 45º S in Argentina, including elevated regions in the tropics and sub-tropics.The first cultivation of wheat occurred about 10 000 years ago. These earliest cultivated forms were diploid (genome AA) (einkorn) and tetraploid (genome AABB) (emmer) wheats and their genetic relationships indicate that they originated from the south-eastern part of Turkey.
- Cultivation spread to the Near East by about 9000 years ago when hexaploid bread wheat made its first appearance. Currently, about 95% of the wheat grown worldwide is hexaploid bread wheat (Triticum aestivum), with most of the remaining 5% being tetraploid durum wheat. Wheat contributes essential amino acids, minerals, and vitamins, and beneficial phytochemicals and dietary fibre components to the human diet, and these are particularly enriched in whole-grain products   .
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number||Primer||Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|RLI||RNase L inhibitor-like protein||
|CDC||Cell division control protein||
- Name: Jakobus J. Scholtz
- Email: email@example.com
- Institution: Department Plant Sciences, University of the Free State, Nelson Mandela Road, Bloemfontein 9301, South Africa
Cited by 17 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-06-16])
Biotic & Abiotic Stress Treatments
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number||Primers (5'-3')
|Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
- Name: Zhensheng Kang
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institute: College of Plant Protection, Northwest A & F University, 712100, Yangling, Shaanxi, People’s Republic of China
- Scholtz J J, Visser B. Reference gene selection for qPCR gene expression analysis of rust-infected wheat[J]. Physiological and molecular plant pathology, 2013, 81: 22-25.
- Feng H, Huang X, Zhang Q, et al. Selection of suitable inner reference genes for relative quantification expression of microRNA in wheat[J]. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 2012, 51: 116-122.
- Feldman M. Smartt J, Simmonds NW. Wheats, Evolution of crop plants , 1995Harlow, UKLongman Scientific and Technical(pg. 185-192).
- Heun M, Schäfer-Pregl R, Klawan D, Castagna R, Accerbi M, Borghi B, Salamini F. Site of einkorn wheat domestication identified by DNA fingerprinting, Science , 1997, vol. 278 (pg. 1312-1314).