Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Description
- 2 Abiotic Stresses & Hormone Treatment & Tissue Types
- 3 Landrace Varieties & During Grain Development
- 4 References
- 5 Categories
- Zea mays subsp. mays is a large grain plant first domesticated by indigenous peoples in southern Mexico about 10,000 years ago. The leafy stalk of the plant produces separate pollen and ovuliferous inflorescences or ears, which are fruits, yielding kernels or seeds. It is one of the most important cereal crops, also plays a growing role in industry and energy resources. However, major global abiotic stresses such as drought, heat, cold, and salinity cause huge reductions in the production every year. Additionally, hormones have been implicated in the plant response to numerous abiotic and biotic stresses, as well as developmental processes.
- Common Name: Corn, Maize
- NCBI Taxonomy
Abiotic Stresses & Hormone Treatment & Tissue Types
Internal Control Genes
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number||Primers (5'-3')
|Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|EF1a||Elongation factor 1 alpha||
- geNorm method && Related Reference
- NormFinder method && Related Reference
- BestKeeper method && Related Reference
- Name: Suzhi Zhang
- Email: email@example.com
- Institution: Key Laboratory of Biology and Genetic Breeding of Maize in Southwest China of Agricultural Department, Maize Research Institute, Sichuan Agricultural University, Chengdu, China
Cited by 22 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-08-10])
Landrace Varieties & During Grain Development
Internal Control Genes
|Gene Symbol||Gene Name||Application Scope||Accession Number||Primer||Size [bp]||Tm [℃]||Detection|
|ACT||Actin 1 gene||
- Name: Vanessa Galli
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institution: Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecua ´ria de Clima Temperado, Rodovia BR 396, Km 78 Postal code 403, Pelotas, RS CEP 96001-970, Brazil
Cited by 17 (Based on Google Scholar [2017-08-10])
- Lv JS, Liu XY, Zhang XP, Wang LS (2017) Chemical composition and functional characteristics of dietary fiber-rich powder obtained from core of maize straw. Food chemistry 227, 383-389.
- Lin Y, Zhang C, Lan H, et al. Validation of potential reference genes for qPCR in maize across abiotic stresses, hormone treatments, and tissue types[J]. PLoS One, 2014, 9(5): e95445.
- Galli V, da Silva Messias R, e Silva S D A, et al. Selection of reliable reference genes for quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction studies in maize grains[J]. Plant cell reports, 2013, 32(12): 1869-1877.